& Sport Specific Training
By: Gary A Mitchell
I have a PHD in experience and results!!!
Where the mind goes,
the body will follow!!
There are only two pains!
-The pain of DISCIPLINE!
-And the pain of REGRET!
It is not where
you start, it is where you finish!
Anatomy of an Athlete!
Effort BEATS Talent
When TALENT doesn’t work
Shoot for the
and only if
you have no other choice,
settle for the
Do not only
train hard, but also train smart!!
"You're either part of the
steamroller or part of the pavement."
You are only as strong as your weakest point!
Mental Preparation: Where the mind goes, the
body will follow!
Maximize your effort! / Make your effort
Don’t cheat yourself, make yourself the very
best you can be!
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!
If it was easy there would not be enough to
If training was easy, the line would be out
Dare to be different / Make your own path!
If being great was easy, everybody would be
For every negative thought you have, replace
it with 10 positive thoughts!
The mind is the most powerful muscle in the
There is a big price to pay,
Are you willing to pay that price to achieve your
GOD does not care about who wins and who looses, so ask him to help you be
the best you can be and let the results take care of themselves!!
- Speed (Develop it)
- Cardiovascular Endurance (Maximize your effort)
- Strength (how to develop it)
- Endurance / Athletics / Explosiveness
- Nutrition (strength / weight loss / body efficiency /
- Agility (change of direction / quick feet)
- Power / Endurance - Plyometric
- Mental Toughness (how to overcome setbacks and
- Learn to go where you never thought you could!!
- Injury Prevention (what can be done to minimize the
- Plateau Busting (how to recognize it and getting
- Injury Rehab (physically and mentally)
- Rehab injuries and mentally overcoming /
- Training Frequency (allow time to recuperate)
- Complete detailed workout routine & schedule /
- Core Development / Strengthening
- Sport Skills Evaluation (determine skills needed)
- Sport Specific Skills (specific sport training)
- Mental Preparation (training, testing, competing)
- Performance Evaluation (pre-testing)
- It is not where you start it is where you finish!!
- Exercise Technique (perform exercises properly)
- Anatomy of an Athlete (understanding the body and how
- Hand-eye coordination (neurological enhancement)
- How to develop it / How to use it
- Laziness vs. Overtraining (how to tell the difference)
- Visualization (mental focus / visualization
- How to develop it / How to use it
- Commitment (what does it mean and how to do it)
- Hurting vs. Being Injured (how to tell the difference)
- Motivation (examples of what to look for and how to
put it too work)
- Training (how much, when)
- Avoid Burnout (learn to recognize the symptoms)
- Expectations (recognize / determine, evaluate, and
- Proper Warm-up & Cool-down
- Essential part of being an athlete
- Goal Setting (setting realistic short & long term
- It is not where you start, it is where you
- Performance Testing
- (monitoring progression – Off / Pre / During /
- Relaxation / Recovery
- Age Specific Training
*Senior Athlete Programs
*Speed and Agility Training
*Balance and Stability Training
*Dynamic Flexibility Training
*Plyometric Training for Explosive Power
*Sport Specific Training
*Testing and Evaluation
Talent + Dedication = Greatness!!”
followed by preparation = Success”
written down, becomes a goal”
Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk!
The whole is more important than the individual!!
Team > Player
Let your results speak for you!
-Zero Resistance Living!-
“Nothing can get in my way”
“The resistance comes from the inside”
“Negative images will prevent you from